The Gardner Room at The Atlantis Bookshop
To reserve your place, please click the link below.
What is the Kabbalah, and how can we make sense of the complex diagram of the Tree of Life?
Traditional Kabbalah texts are often dry, obscure, and impossibly complex. When we take a Pagan and embodied approach the Tree of Life opens up as a whole landscape we can enter – for study, to understand ourselves and the world, to reach the divine, and to make magic.
The Tree of Life is not just a magical diagram, but a whole philosophy and way of understanding the universe. Most importantly it describes the relationship of the divine to the human, and the human to the divine.
The ten sephirot of the Tree are ten realms describing different ways of understanding the universe. Added together they illustrate the magical philosophy of Kabbalah.
Behold the beginning of the beginning at Kether… touch on all potential with Binah. Fall in love with Tiferet. Discover the wonder of Netzach and the order of Hod… and arrive, embodied, into Malkuth.
This workshop will include:
* A comprehensive introduction to the Tree of Life and each of its ten sephirot
* An in-depth trance through the Tree of life
* Discussion and questions
* An examination of polarity as it operates within the Tree of Life and a discussion of a queer/non-gendered/feminist/alternative way to work with polarities
* An experiential practice on balancing polarities working with the Tree
* A discussion of some of the underlying forces within the Kabbalah, and how to apply these to our lives.
Jane Meredith is an Australian author, ritualist and teacher. ‘Embodied Kabbalah: Falling through the Tree of Life’ is her eighth book. A dear friend of Atlantis, she often magically appears to offer workshops, trance journeys and invitations into magical realms. She is passionate about the Tree of Life and considers ‘Falling through the Tree’ as a lifework.